Food is what makes life pleasureable-but lets face it, too much of a good thing often leaves you with too much in your bum. Here, we will discuss everything concerning food. Need help on your diet? Ask. Have a calorie question? Ask. Going out to eat? I will let you know what to avoid and still have fun! Not losing weight, let me evaluate how you are going about it and I will help design a plan just for you - and yes this is totally free! Email me at jensfoodienews@gmail.com!

Thursday, February 22, 2007

My Best Friends... left and right... :-)


Everyone has their "thing" or their "release", for me it is running/walking with my IPOD and my best friends.. the sneaks...

We all know that exercise is good for the physical bod, but for me it is more important for my mental "bod"... I think, out of all of the addictions out there, running is probably the best one that I could have adopted. It is during this hour that I am with me, myself and I, zero judgments, zero negativity, zero connections except for the one between me and my thoughts. My sneakers do not judge they do not scold when I do not push myself and they let me flow freely through the streets, on the treadmill and most importantly through my contemplations on what is going on in my life at that time. They let me dwell on the last 2lbs that I want to lose and they let me obsess over the last mile I know I should run, and they accept it allowing me this time.

Foodie news is so much fun for me and allows me to share my thoughts on food, nutrition and exercise. If anyone is reading this and has not uncovered their "healthy" vice, try downloading your favorite "tune out tunes" and walking for 30 minutes. You get to escape your daily routine and at the same time burn a few extra calories and get your heart rate up.... it is a win win situation and a fantastic find!!! Look below for average calories burned during walking at a moderate pace for 30 minutes and running at 6.0mph for 30 minutes.

Walking - 105 cals per 30 minutes
Running - 250 cals per 30 minutes

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jen - What happened to your blog?? You need to start writing again. How about a piece on Water and how much is too much, how little is too little, and the health benefits regarding it? I'll post it my Myspace page too!